Friday, August 24, 2012

Preschool Here We Come

Well yesterday was Josie's Open House at her Preschool. This was an opportunity for her and us to meet her teacher. She was super excited to be going. She was all fine, until Miss Trish came over to talk to her. Miss Trish was Kayla's teacher last year and recognized Josie from that. Josie buried her head in my hip and started crying, but it sure didn't last long. I don't think I've ever seen her quit that quickily. So Thank You Miss Trish!

Image

Image

She then got to meet her teacher, Miss Gwen, and see her new classroom. Mike & I stayed in there for a while and then we had to go to chapel with all the other parents to find out the ins and outs of the school. Josie didn't pitch a fit at all that we were leaving and was just fine.

After all was said and done, I took her with me to work for the afternoon and all afternoon all she spoke about was school. We had to call Mama Carole & Granny Glodyne to tell them all about her morning. She also asked me after we left the school, if she was going back tomorrow and was she going all day.

I sure hope her excitement lasts and that she truely enjoys school!

Now for this Mommy, I know I'm doing the right thing, but you know how you always double guess your decisions when it comes to your little person. Well I have been double guessing myself the closer that the start of school gets. One minute I think, should I be putting her in now or let her go until she "HAS" to go to school. Then should I put her in another year of preschool after this, or go ahead and enroll her in Kindergarten. UGH!!! The decisions, they are so hard.

Last night she had her first night of gymnastics as well. She did so well with paying attention to the teacher and not everything going on around her. Which was a really good thing, cause that place was packed. It was worse there on a Thursday night then it is on a Saturday morning. I do wish we would have kept her in all summer now. After watching her last night, she has forgotten how to do quite a few things, but the good thing is the teacher knows she can do it, cause she had her last year. So she's not fooling anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment