Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Picture the Holidays~ December 11th through December 21st

December 11th~ Shaping Up

Prompt:
I believe that once you open yourself up to something, that something just keeps coming! Little shifts in how we look at the world around us can reveal a whole new world to us and our lenses. No matter how much I see it happen in my own life, it still delights me. I'm surprised daily at what I find.
When I was shooting this feather in the sand, I wasn't aware of its perfect Christmas tree shape. But when I uploaded it to my computer, that was all I saw - a tiny and delicate ode to Christmas!
Pay attention today, in your comings and goings, to the shape of things. See if what you find reminds you of anything else. Nature works in mysterious ways like that, have you noticed?

I have had my eyes pealed for this one but haven't came across anything.

December 12th~ A Whole Lot of Happy

Prompt:
It's been said that smiling is contagious. I think it's true. Smile and the whole world smiles back at you. Well, maybe not always. As much as I hate to admit it, this time of year can bring out the crabby in people. But, let's not focus on that! Let's let a big ol' grin work its wonders on us so that in turn we can smile, smile, smile!
Today, wear a smile and search for the people or things that smile back and capture a happy face!
Strawberry Shortcake still makes me smile even though I'm 34. Tickles me to death to see Josie get excited about her also.

December 13th~ Simply Divine

Prompt:
No matter what holiday you celebrate, chances are there is something divine about it. There is a reverie this time of year for forces far grander than ourselves. We honor our family, friends, connection, love, light and a source that makes it all possible.
Find a way today to translate the truth for you. Share the divinity in your life, whether it be through an obvious symbol or an overall feeling you carry, work on bringing it to your photography today.



December 14th~ Sincerely Yours

Prompt:
This is the one time of year where the near lost art of letter writing is revived. And even that might soon vanish with all the options of e-cards and email. As much as I love e-everything, nothing can replace a greeting crafted by hand.
You are encouraged to slow down a little today and appreciate all the handwritten epistles you come across. Whether they are to you, or from you, revel in the delight of letters and cards. Signed, sealed and/or delivered, capture sentiments crafted with love.

December 15th~ Got Gifts

Prompt:
We've made it to the half way mark of the season already. Time if flying by! Since this is the season of giving, today is the day for putting some of your beautiful photos to good use. We are creating gift tags and/or mini note cards using our photos. That way, your tag will be just as special as the gift inside.
The first part of this process is to shoot an image or images that you'd like to use for tags. You can make unique tags for each gift or you can choose one images and use it on all of your tags this season. It's up to you! I shared this project in detail during the summer Big Idea Festival and am offering that content here for your holiday gift tags.


December 16th~ The Season of Lights

Prompt:
They call this the season of lights for many reasons and there are ample opportunities to shoot light in its many shapes and shades. There is nothing more compelling than a literal bokeh of holiday lights. The first time I captured lights like this, I was as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning! My guess is you'll feel it too.


December 17th~ Warm Glow

Prompt:
Nothing beats the warm glow of candle light. There is something so sacred about lighting a candle, especially during the holiday season. I have started using candles in my every day life for a number of reasons. Each time I strike a match and burn a candle I am reminded of the power of intention and how my own attention can make such a difference in my daily life.
Today, capture the glow of a candle to signify what is meaningful in your life. Make a wish, set an intention, pray, meditate and shoot.


December 18th~ Recharge

Prompt:
Chances are today will find you amidst the hustle and bustle of the crowd. All the more reason why you need to remember to recharge when you need it. A day of pre-holiday madness can really take it out of you.
Today I encourage you to tune in to your needs and when it's time to take a break, heed the call. A simple recharge is sometimes all it takes. Take a deep breath, have a seat, relax your shoulders and allow for a little downtime. It's called self-love and we all deserve it. Especially this time of year!


December 19th~ Make a List- Check it Twice

Prompt:
I don't know about you but I'm big on lists. If I don't write it down, chances are I won't remember it! Lists are for to-dos and don't forgets, but they can also be for hopes and wishes (especially in the season of giving and receiving).
Today, share your list in one way or another. Focus on the whole or on a tiny yet significant part. Give us a glimpse into what you jot down to help you remember.


December 20th~ Wrapped with Love

Prompt:
Whether you've even begun to wrap presents yet is beyond me, but there is nothing more beautiful than the gifts all wrapped up in anticipation of being unwrapped and enjoyed. Today find a gift adorned in its holiday best!


December 21st~ Attitude Adjustment

Prompt:
Sometimes all you need is a little nudge to help you readjust your attitude. Today, let's show a side of you that might be last on the list of to-dos. Get silly, sassy, sexy - whatever you need to lighten the mood!
Today you're encouraged to show a little (or a lot) of "sass-itude". Get creative and show off your wild side, whatever that looks like to you.

I'll have to work on this one as well. I can do the silly, but not the sassy or sexy. May post one later.

No comments:

Post a Comment